If you want to see what else I am making, follow my instagram! @wiseprints206
I cleared out all the pieces you don't need in the final build, now there are only the pieces you should print (and the bottom section for duplication in metal, and the wire guard around the top of the shaft). This should now be wayyy easier to make sense of the files, and print what you need.
UPDATE August 8, 2018:
So my original design had some major support issues in staying together. Too front heavy, and needs a EMT rod through the entire staff. I just uploaded some of the changed pieces so a EMT rod will be able to go from the main top piece, all the way to the tail section of the staff. The only pieces you will need to hand modify if you are building, are the ones right above the trigger handle. Id suggest printing with 10 percent or 20 percent infill, and dremel it out, or what I did is get a step bit and use my makita to get the hole drilled faster. These parts that don't have the hole drilled is where you would do wiring or something if you wanted electronics in the staff, which is why I didn't put a hole in the pieces. oh and a quick side note, the blue center piece that goes in the handle/trigger section, can just be printed with 0 infill and the .5 in EMT rod slips right through it!
UPDATE July 22, 2018:
My staff is nearly complete, I don't believe I will end up modifying any more of the stl files for this build. What I have here is what I made my staff with, and I will add a photo of it completed soon. When printing this, some pieces will need to be slightly modified, sanded, and trimmed to fit together. I had a ton of fun making this come together, I hope someone else out there will appreciate it, or use it to make another one of the 4 upgraded staffs! I did my digging, now who wants to kill the panzer and slap that fire staff together? If you would like to make another one of the four staffs, don't hesitate to ask me for some help if you need advice or files!
UPDATE June 15, 2018:
-Now you can fit the pieces on the top of the staff, into the base piece. Comment if I am missing any part of the staff, and I will upload it (besides the wires which I have not included on purpose. It's tacky to print "wires").
-The new slot in the top piece should be big enough for an arduino
-The knives and claws at the top of the staff are probably going to be tight fit together, it probably wouldn't hurt to print the brass part of the claws 2-5 percent larger, so they fit together well.
I have been slaving away for over a month after work until I fall asleep to build this thing, and I finally have the files in suitable place to share with others! Now these bad boys are not done, and you will be able to see in the titles of the pieces some notes I left to save you some grief. Some fellas wanted these bad boys uploaded sooner rather than later, so I will update them around June 13, 2018 (so people reading this wayyyy later will not have to do any math if I say "a week or so") with some more refinement.
This is from Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (and 3) Zombies, from one of the best maps of all time, Origins. I tried to keep the staff as authentic to the staff in game as possible, and have put many hours of detail driven work into this project, any tips would be greatly appreciated if you want to build this weapon of the gods because I need to make rent this month...
20-100 percent (mainly 20)
-This is designed to be slipped over a 1/2 inch EMT pipe. This saves on print time, adds weight, and opens up room for activity space! If you want a larger 3/4 inch EMT, sizing up by 150 percent to all pieces should do the trick (however the staff will obviously be a lot larger that normal).
-In game there are wires that run up and down the shaft. I am planning to actually put these to use on the staff for electronics so I did not include them in my files.
-Some pieces are not intended for printing (railing around the reload chamber).
-Some pieces do not need supports. Use your best judgement.
-When removing supports from the top of staff, be careful with the small wires! They break easy and you should coat them with something to strengthen them or swap them out for real wire.
If you choose to print this, there is post print work to be done. I'm in the process of filling mine with electronics. Sorry I don't have a guide for you on the assembly, but I'll upload a youtube video of the build later.