This construction node allows to build a shelf whose parts are reusable. The frame is mounted using wedges. This node uses the layer orientation to strenghten the node.
The holding system do not alter the wood, thus allowing to reuse it. You can either build a bigger or tinyer shelf, or you can use the wood for another purpose.
Building process :
Tools required : a tiny metal file, a hammer, a piece of wood, a vice, and a drill.
- Print as provided
- File the male parts of the assembly system (protip : use a vice)
- Assemble so that the holes in the male and female parts are aligned (protip : use a wooden hammer or a regular hammer using a piece of wood between the 3dprinted part and the hammer)
- Drill the holes (ø5cm) and put the trunnion in
- Cut your square wood to lenght (print is for an european standard 2.5*2.5cm)
- Tighten the nodes with the wedges using a piece of wood and a hammer (note the orientation of the wedges on the jamb, wich should point upwards)
- If you need to remove the wedges, use an adjustable plier
// thumbnail is an older version of the node