(Scroll Down to see Updates)
I made the original Flexi Dragon for my son from a model that can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:570345 and thank you to Muzz64 for this model.
The model needed almost a complete change to make it flexi so I started my first project....the Flexi Dragon.
After requests from both my wife and friends I had worked on a two winged version. After hours and hours of work I had created and printed a very rough one but the print was full of errors because of my beginner skills, shape problems, deformations as well as supports that were heck to remove. I finally abandoned the project because of the issues and difficulties in keeping the model intact however after more requests and even more hours of working on it between my job and my son I was able to fix a lot of the errors and make it a little bit easier to print and more sturdy for wing separation.
Don't get me wrong this may not be for a beginner. Support creation and removal skills are a must. I also suggest using Cura with a zigzag support. Please do not go under the limits that are stated in the print settings because you will more than likely get a failed print or lots more issues. I am also not sure what would happen if you enlarge it. The pictured two winged flexi dragon has no sanding and is totally rough with only the supports removed. I tried to show where to start and the progression of removal. This is not perfect by any means and I only uploaded it because of requests so don't BBQ me, tell me how hard the supports are to remove, or complain if you didn't use the stated "Print Settings" and use the "Misc Notes" info for help.
Big thanks to Neyrs for his articulation models and tutorial found at: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2840744/#files
I have made a new version to address some issues with printing. First I have scaled up the size of the dragons length to 152mm long but keeping the thickness at an appropriate 14mm. I also addressed some structural issues, an issue concerning sharpness as well as peel up of the wings while printing. For this I very slightly shortened the wings by rounding them a bit. I will keep the original model up for a while but if you want the new one download the model with the "Fixed Wing 152x14mm" name attached. The pictures of the Golden Dragon are the new dragon.
I suggest using Cura to make it easier but maybe you have a better way. I just had it generate supports with placement everywhere and mostly default settings. If you have adhesion problems use an 8mm brim. Use a Zig Zag support pattern with a support z distance of 0.1 also DO NOT "Enable Support Interface" you don't need it and it will merge the wings together making them impossible to separate. I used a small flat head screwdriver to wedge between the wings to separate the supports. Use small spring assisted needle nose pliers to remove the remaining support strings. Please view the pictures for more help.
A heads up...the joints will be stiff if supports were built everywhere but they should loosen up the more you articulate them and as the debris fall out.
People using a Prusa i3 MK3 if you use Cura just use the i3 MK2 printer settings with the fine profile (0.1mm)