After wondering why both Repetier and Marlin G-Code flavors printed vastly better on the Anet A8 when sliced with Cura 3.2.1 versus RepRap G-Code flavor, I made this small test piece to produce prints that I knew would fail with RepRap on my printer but actually managed a passable print with both of the others despite a decent sized bridge resting atop .5mm pillars.
The examples in the pictures were printed with MakerGeeks Raptor PLA @ .2 layer height at 225C. This was my first print with the filament and it has a higher suggested temperature than what I usually use so no optimizations or tuning for it have been done yet. Speeds may also have been slightly high for the model as well since I just finished spending the last week or two printing blocks for the We the Builders project. Didn't have any bananas for scale so used a US Quarter dollar coin.
After seeing how much stringing I got printing one after the other I think this may work as a decent retraction test as well for me to use in tuning once I get time to do my AM8/MGN hybrid rebuild and switch to a bowden setup.
Anet A8, printed upgrades only