UPPDATE 2018-05-16: Added some text under print settings regarding support.
One purge bucket to rule them all! :-)
I have had the problem that the purge bucket always got full after some hours of printing.
I'm not a fan of modding the printer in a way so I break the warranty or mod it in a way so I need to drill or similar. So to get rid of this issue I made this design. As I can see it is the biggest purge bucket that is possible to have inside the printer if you have the filament roll there also.
One positive thing with this is that during a big print and the printer purge, no extra weight is added to the moving hot end assembly. This Ide' /solution I could not find anywhere else.
This solution also works together with the hood that I have made.
This is what you need to print:
Part "Fastening_knob_and_nut " need to be threaded with M3. This will replace two of the nuts and washers that hold the window. Don't worry that the threads won't hold. I have not had any problems with this.
Part "Left_and_right_bucket_part2" is designed to be glued to Part1. Use the glue you like best. In the pictures it can be seen that I used duct tape. This was only due to I was eager to try this out and did not had the time to wait. So the parts shall be glued together.
I have not long thested this design. So if you find any issues send me a message and I look into making the design better. I have not tried this on a SIGMAX printer but what I can see It shall also work on that printer.
EDIT 2018-09-05: I have tested it now for some time and it works really good. The only thing that I have had some issues with is the knobs that fix the bucket. They one on each side have got broken. So I may need to redesign them some or just use stronger material then PLA. The big buckets can be a little tricky to get under the hollow purge bucket on the sledge but when it has been done a few times you will get learn how to turn them to get them in there. The second way to do it is to remove the hollow purge buckets and add them after the big bucket is mounted. This makes it much easier. END EDIT.....
To empty the buckets the build plate need to be in the lowest position. Like when you change filament. It is possible to bring them out in other positions but then you need to take away the small bottom less purge bucket.
It is possible to replace the filament with these buckets mounted.
I hope you enjoy the design! :)
I used support on both left and right "No_bottom_purge_bucket" to support the little guide that is 1mm thick.
I also used support on the "Fastening_knob_and_nut"
All other parts have an angle so no support is needed.
"Left_and_right_bucket_part2" I printed with the face of the glue lip on the print bed. It looks like it need support but is do not.
UPPDATE 2018-05-16: I have made a new print of the right side bucket and used support in CURA 2.0.1 and got good result. I may recommend to use support anyway if you can't stand to have a few strands hanging down on a few places. It will not be that much support created.
I printed this in regular PLA. I did choose 10% infill but with 4 perimeters it got more or less solid what I could see.
EDIT 2018-09-05: Dont use regular PLA for the hollow purge buckets. Mine got bent due to the heat from the stepper motors after like 10 prints or so. Use any material that can handle higher temperatures like ABS or similar. END EDIT....
I used the cad model of the Sigma printer as reference. This can be found on BCN3D's homepage.
The right parts is mirrored. The cutout for the screw for the screen hatch on the right side can be found on both buckets but I did not think that would matter so I left it like that.