In this project I used ESP01 boards to create a standardized home automation sensor network over wifi. It is powered over USB. The part list to connect the USB cable and lower the power from 5V USB to 3.3V for ESP01 is described below:
To create the ESP01 baseboard (which costs ~2 EUR) you need:
- ESP01 board
- MICRO USB to DIP Adapter 5pin Female Connector B Type PCB Converter
- Ultra-Small Size DC-DC Step Down Power Supply Module (Adjustable Buck Converter)
- Phototype Board for soldering (5x7cm - one is enough for 2..3 baseboards)
The software loaded onto the ESP01 is the espeasy in latest revision (>=2.0)
This baseboards needs a housing with 21mm minimum height. If sensor pins interfere with the baseboard you need the 32mm housing.
This pack contains the following front covers
- White Blue color 128X64 OLED LCD LED Display Module For Arduino 0.96"
- DHT22/DHT11/AM2302 integrated inside PLUS motion senson HC-SR501
- DHT22/DHT11/AM2302 glued outside PLUS motion senson HC-SR501
Hint: I always had 1.0...1.5°C measured additionaly using the sensor inside of the housing - so I have created also the version glueing the sensor outside. It seems the sensor has some "self heating feature". Gluing it on top solved the issue.
23.05.2018 added: Case for an ESP Lolin board
29.05.2018 added: Frontcover for AM2302, PIR 501 and BH1750 sensors
Designed with openscad.