The T MAX is a derivative of the MendelMax.
It main features:
- Taller print height by placing the side columns vertical, and widen the space between the the top horizontal beams to allow the extruder assemble to protruded pass the beams.
- With the side columns vertical and closer toward the center of the printer, one has better accessibility to the print bed and extruder.
- More height under the bed to accommodate the mounting of power supply, controller, and control panels.
The T MAX uses all the same major components as the MendelMax. If you have a MendelMax, it can be easily converted to a T MAX; or assemble a T MAX from a MendelMax extrusion and hardware kit.
The T MAX is design to use low maintenance Igus pillow block bearings, a RAMPS 1.4 controller, and a common eBay 12VDC, 30A power supply.
Maximum print size is approximately X 210mm, Y 210mm and Z 210mm.
T MAX LCD & SD Control Panel: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29903
T MAX Spool Holder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:29883
See illustrations for locations of parts. Assemble using MendelMax components and fasteners.
- Drill two 6mm holes (140mm apart, symmetrically from center) on the top two horizontal aluminum extrusions of the base.
- Fasten the bottom of the vertical extrusions using 40mm long, 5mm bolts and 15mm OD washers (3/16 X 1-1/2 stove bolts will also work). Don't forget to tap the holes to suit the bolts used.
- Run the bolts through the whole cross-section of the horizontal extrusions. This will add greater strength to the assembly.
The higher Z axis will require a pair of longer thread rods, 400mm long.