2020/2040 Spool Holder
A remix of the excellent spool holder by Jason Canning.
This spool holder is designed to be bolted into M5 T-Nuts on the back of a 2040/2020 frame.
This was created for use with the Prusa Bear Upgrade.
It will bolt onto any frame where the center line of the extrusion cavity is 10mm from the top edge.
3rd May 2019 - Uploaded a v2 Spool clip with three arms.
- Spool Holding Body
- Spool Stop Clip
- Loose FIlament Clip, for using non-reeled samples
- Removable Filament Guide, with easy load slot
Changes from the original:
- Sturdy M5 bolt mounting
- Extended Spool Arm to give better clearance with filament guide
- Extended Filament Guide to give frame clearance when mounted
- Rounded corners on Filament Holder
Additional print parameters:
- 3 Perimeters
- 5 Top/Bottom Layers
Spool Stop Clip may require printing at 99% scale depending on filament.
Some filaments print the inner diameter perfectly, others there is a small amount of slack, which won't cause issues but the clip revolves easily.
Reduction to 99% will solve this.