Loved this stand so I had to remix it for my Fitbit Ionic. Been through alot of plastic getting it right. I tried to get too ambitious and make it have fancy cable routing, but it proved impossible to get the USB cable to go where I wanted it to go. Finally settled on matching the original and this one works well.
Purchased some "Skin" filament to give this thing another print and it came out great. The improved angle / opening works well for better centering of the watch and making cable insertion easier.
It's a little tight inserted the USB, but it will go with some pressure. You may need to use some kind of pick or screwdriver to get the usb cable tip to turn, but once it does you should be good.
- Inserted a cube to surround the entire internal cutout area of Apple Watch.
- Subtracted hand to leave the cutout area.
- I trimmed off all of the pieces from this I didn't need so I could add my own cutout for fitbit charger slot.
- Same technique(much simpler this time) to get the cutout of the Ionic charge stand.
- Merged the two cutout's together with some tuning of angle/position.
- Subtracted the final cutout object from NaturalThing to get final result.