Seems like every 18650 holder / housing / case i've come across on Thingiverse didn't quite fit the bill. Some where for niche applications, some were not meant to be used for anything beyond storage, and some didn't seem to allocate the extra space for contacts.
So, i popped into fusion360, and this is the end result.
It's a 2-cell holder with the following features:
- mounting holes, spaced 20mm from either end, and 9.75mm from center spine
- Cavities for contacts on either end
- Wiggle room, for ease of installation and removal of the cells.
- Extended Notches at each terminal point to accommodate multiple contact styles, or soldered wire.
- Side cutout for ease of use, because my fingers are fatter than an exacto blade.
- Strap / Tie down brackets, because, you may want to strap this to a squirrel some time in the future. shrugs
Hope it's useful. Always open for design ideas, and suggestions.
As always, if you printed it out, feel free to throw up a photo or two.
Image of Printed part done with 0.2mm layer height, 3 top and bottom solid layers. 20% infil, with a 0.4mm nozzle. Took about 2 hours to print off.