Replacement for the original extruder mount of the bcn3d sigma. This mount fits a 5.5W laser such as this: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/5-5w-high-power-450NM-focusing-blue-laser-module-laser-engraving-and-cutting-TTL-module-5500mw/32559183201.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.MlrGmy
I mounted the laser as second extruder, so i can print and engrave/cut without having to do any modifications except covering the Printbed during laser usage.
Using the TTL input of the laser the power can also be adjusted to support engraving and cutting in one pass.
- Laser module (see above)
- Four M2.5 screws to fit the aluminum block of the laser.
- Two M3 screws to fit the electronics of the laser
For the Fan connection:
- an N-Fet (i.e. 2N7002)
- a view resistors (see schematic)
- the molex type of fan connector (I cut it off an extruder fan I had as spare part but a pin header connector will do as well)
- the molex type of extruder connector (I cut it off an extruder I had as spare part but a pin header connector will do as well i guess)
- a 12kOhms resistor to simulate the now missing extruder temperature sensor.
- wires and a power supply
ATTENTION: Make sure to always have the printer powered as long as the laser power supply is powered, else the laser will burn at full power until the printer is switched on.
AND: If you cancel a print during laser operation be aware the the current firmware will not turn off the laser during homing, so first cut the laser supply and then cancel the print.
Happy hacking :)