Originally made for Walkera Ladybird drone PCB and motors, but any micro drone board up to 26 x 26 mm (1 inch) and standard coreless 7 mm motors will do.
- The "baseplate" has a place for the PCB (to be attached by small rubber bands for example), but naturally can be replaced by any suitable Lego construction.
- The "motor holder" fits one 7 mm coreless motor, thus four required for a quad.
Just add some Lego sticks between the baseplate and motor holders, add the board and motors, and some Lego guy/chick to pilot the aircraft.
Photos of built drones to be added.
Overview and Background
Combining DIY, physics, 3D printing, 3D thinking skills and fun.
A drone that can be quickly custom built and modified can be used anything. Designed to be remote controlled but sure can build custom flying robots by adding a suitable flight controller.
Lesson Plan and Activity
Learn 3D printing/physics/robotics
- 4 x coreless 7 mm motor
- 4 x propeller fitting the above
- A 1" x 1" micro quad circuit board
- Transmitter for above (or computer to program, if building autonomous robots
- Some Legos to join the parts
- ABS/nylon/PET/PLA filament (PLA is not the best but does the job)