This is a corner for a picture framing clamp. The print turns a standard 25mm tie-down strap into a picture framing tool.
Take care with the corners lifting up. Slight lift-up is ok, the corner will still work as normal.
Assembly of two corner halves
To make a complete picture framing set, you will need to print this model eight times. Each corner is assembled from two identical halves and two 10mm dowels. I used superglue to stick the two halves together. The steps I use to assemble:
- Drill through the dowel holes with a 9.5mm drill bit to remove print debris
- Cut two dowels to a length so they are SHORTER than the two halves put together (so it can be clamped properly)
- Insert the dowels partially into one of the halves
- Apply superglue on all mating surfaces
- Press together briefly, then quickly lay down on a flat surface and hammer the dowels completely into the complete corner
- Insert corner into a bench vice and tighten (hard) and leave it for an hour (while you print the next two halves)
Made on Earth by humans