--- THIS WILL IMPROVE YOUR 3D PRINTING QUALITY! ---
Upon multiple requests I'm sharing this 3D printing enclosure files. Enclosure is made of Aluminium extrusions profiles, acrylic glass and wood sheet panels covered in carbon fiber decal. In addition there is option to install smart electronics and filters. Enclosure such as this can be modified in size, extended, grouped or upgraded/customized.
Enclosure has 2 sections:
- Filament room / Filament server: The upper deck is designed to safely store and serve more than 8 rolls of filament at once. Filament is driven through sponge dust filters to printing area.
- Printing room: This compartment will fit MK2 or MK3 printer by default, but can be enlarged for larger printers aswell.
SOFTWARE UPDATE 2019
- Fire detection algorithms
- Dynamic LED options
- Door sense function
- Improved FAN precision RPM reading
- Brightness of LED and LCD selectable
- Other optimization and bugfixes
Electronics: While you can use only enclosure on it's own, it's fun to fit some electronics into it. I recommend installing a 230V switch with fuse, Octoprint server with RPi and web-camera, HEPA/Carbon filter, additional sensors and microcontroller (Temperature/Humidity, LCD display, encoder selector, PWM driven filter fan, LEDs etc. etc.).
Because some of my previous designs got stolen and commercialised and this project took a tons of time I've decided to share only 3D designed parts and some enclosure dimensions. This should be sufficient to build enclosure on your own with little calculations and effort.
If you need more information or you don't have time to make measurements yourself you can get all those files to help you out:
- BOM (Bill of material) in Excel
- Dimensions of all items
- Sample photos of all components
- Sample links to buy and search components
- 3D model of the enclosure (can be measured for easier customizing)
- 100+ build photos
- Some recommendations about electronics V1
- BOM (bill of material) FOR ELECTRONICS V1! in Excel
- Sample photos of electronic V1 components
- Sample links to buy electronics V1 (worldwide)
- Arduino code to drive electronics V1 (code as is! - but it's fully customizable!)
- Wiring scheme for smart electronics V1
- Simple wiring scheme for power supply.
- 50 additional build photos
- V2 electronics BOM
- V2 electronics manual and other info
- Updates and news
- CUSTOM BOM CALCULATOR (for easy enclosure dimensions changing)
To get all the files, please send 10EUR to: https://www.paypal.me/JKTechSI/10EUR
You will get files to your Paypal mail ASAP (usually few hours) :)
FULL PACKAGE DISCOUNT!
IF YOU WANT TO GET MAINBOARD & ALL ENCLOSURE FILES ASAP:
- Fully presoldered mainboard for Electronics V2
- Onboard DC-DC regulator preset to correct voltage
- All Electronics V2 files inc. Manual, BOM, software...
- ALL other SMART ENCLOSURE FILES (all list above)
- Files delivered to your e-mail
- Mainboard shipped with priority+tracked post (postage is included!).
Please send 40EUR to my paypal: https://www.paypal.me/JKTechSI/40EUR
Here is INFO & 3D files for ELECTRONICS V2:
To avoid reupload, I suggest to print and use this HEPA/Carbon filter in this enclosure: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2105113
Dehumidifying filament: You can use silica gel (now I got 1kg bag of it) OR you can use 230V mini 500ml dehumidifier, but this will take 1 filament space. (I used this one as well for few months!)
NEW 2019: Electronics V2! Solderless Mainboard system so you can hook everything up fast and easy without too much effort. It's also TOUCH screen and expendable to additional sensors/actuators! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2862044
***NEW 2019: Custom Mechanics BOM calculator. Easily input required internal size and it will automatically calculate overall enclosure size, internal enclosure size, number and type of extrusions and lengths. Also all panel sizes will be calculated accordingly.
Enclosure for CNC MACHINES: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3767026
https://www.youtube.com/user/juresnip/featured - My channel
https://youtu.be/_whMBxiRxr0 - Smart Universal Enclosure VIDEO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYatrdyOfA8 - V2 Electronics DEMO (Beta software)
You can threat your 3D printed parts with this method. You can also see enclosure on this video.