Seems like the Refills have a smaller inner Diameter than the old Spools and therefor the Refills from DasFilament do not fit on the modified Spools.
Sorry for everybody who printed this Design and had to notice this flaw.
I will leave the Design here, maybe somebody can use it for something different, have fun remixing!
As I really like the idea of Masterspool, it botherd me, to invest around 250g of Filament and 15h of printingtime for every spool.
With all the Material and Electricity used for that, it's propably worse for the enviroment, than a standard injectionmolded Spool wich is recycled after use.
So I dicided to upcycle my old empty spools from dasFilament!
I cut them in half, sothat I can put refillpacks on them and with the printed cernel I close them back together.
The spool is cutted with an angle, sothat the halfs can't rotate relativly to each other and it makes seperating the halfes very easy, by removing the Bold and twisting the two spoolhalfs. They push apart on their own!
As dasFilament used two differend types of spools in the last years, I made differend Nuts, one for the older alphaplastic spools with 53mm ID and 55mm wide
And one for the newer Häfner-spools with 52.5mm ID and 53mm wide
But the fit of course every other spool with the same measurements.
Have fun using your upcycled empty Spool to save the enviroment!
3 Top and Bottom Layer
The fit of the nut in the Spool should be very tight! If it does not want to fit, smooth ist firmly with some sandpaper, but it shouldn't fall out from it's own weight!