This was a first design project that was meant to learn about 3d modeling and provide a stand for my TabloTV unit which gets warm sitting on the counter top. I wanted something that was pretty enough not to want to hide in a living room so I went with lots of curves and rounded edges to try to give it a more polished feel.
As I worked through what I was trying to do with it, I decided that I wanted it to be flexible so that the part could be used for a variety of sized items without having to edit the model. As such I landed on the idea to use a rubber band in the middle to provide a flexible way of keeping some tension on the corners without having to print and measure a specific size for each device I wanted to put them on.
I tried to keep the support structures to a minimum. I do recommend a raft when printing it because of the arch on the fin that the rubber band is connected to. I'll likely work on making something more stackable in future iterations, but I thought this worked out pretty well.
The original model was built in FreeCAD as a learning project for myself.