This is an all purpose award base. This example if using an boomerang, but could easily be swapped for a different design. I designed this for a laser cutting , on 1/4 (5mm) in Maple plywood. This particular boomerang can be engraved on both side, and removable.
I designed this to print on a 20 x 12 sheet of material, that I use in a Glowforge.
1 sheet of material
- After cutting out the design, make sure to remove any stray material, this is a tight fit.
- Boomerang - Glue the three pieces together ( two boomerang pieces, and the notch piece)
Set aside and let dry.
- Tower- There are five pieces to this one. I find it easiest to assemble the front ( piece that is pointy) two sides, and top. Dry fit these pieces together and hold in place, now you can apply glue to the inside corners, without the fear of it showing up on the outside. Once that is set, apply glue to the back piece, and finish assembly. This is a snug fit so you shouldn't have to brace it once assembled.
- Base- glue the two ovals together, the one with the large square hole goes on top.
- Final assembly- Apply glue to the bottom of the tower, and slide it onto the base. You have the option of gluing the boomerang or not, slide the boomerang over the post on the tower, friction will hold it in place.