[Relatively] universal phone mount for the Robo 3D R1+
Fits phones and phablets up to 90mm wide/tall. Phone brackets are designed to hold devices up to 15mm thick. Included the
.obj for the phone bracket needs to be modified for your phone.
I designed this to use a spare phone as a webcam to stream prints using IP Webcam and OctoPrint.
Tested with Pixel XL, Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, and iPhone 4.
- Attach the geared bed mount to the print bed underneath the heated built surface.
- Attach the phone plate to the geared bed mount using the small bolt and nut. Adjust the positioning by loosening or removing this bolt.
- Thread the long bolt through the phone plate. Add (optional) riser nuts to adjust the height of the phone.
- Slide both phone brackets onto the long bolt facing each other, placing the phone between them.
- Gently thread the remaining bolt, and further adjust phone positioning before tightening.