I've been wanting to try making fan blades for a while and this was the first one i made that I thought looked passable. Basically I'm uploading it more as a community project. I'd love to see how people fix and change this model to be better according to various requirements or aesthetic wants.
You can use it as a prop in a scene, you can print it, (but i didn't really design it to be printed so you may run into many issues) you can do anything, just make sure to tag me so i can see your changes :3
Make sure to scale at 444.44% for a 120mm fan.
Currently available in .stl and .blend - If u want another file type let me know.
i didn't put much thought into printing this so do so at your own peril.
In Blender i started with a plane and extruded out to the side. Each extrusion was rotated 5 degrees starting from 0. I repeated extruding and rotating until i got to 35 and then the last two sections that meet the outer ring went to 37 and 39 degrees. the one section i extruded to the nose cone was rotated -5 or -2 degrees, i can't remember which.
i added some edge loops and pulled some vertices and edges to try and smooth out the curves then added a subsurf.
Then i arrayed the wing and ended up at 9 repetitions.
For the nose cone and just tried to eyeball a surface that was some-what aero inspired.
i poofed into existence a cylinder mesh and scaled it accordingly around the perimeter of the blades.
I didn't join any thing into a singular piece in blender but slic3r and cura both sliced up the stl with no visual problem.
I haven't applied the array so you can fiddle with the blend file pretty heavily/easily
I don't believe i applied the subsurf's so the base shapes should still be fairly low poly still if your computer chugs on high poly stuff.