It was been brought to my attention that the design was no longer compatible with the MK3's B7/R3 extruder update which tilts the front fan out at an angle, so the camera arm wasn't long enough to clear the fan when the bed moves all the way to the rear. I have added 20mm to the length of the arm so that it should clear the newly tilted fan after the R3/B7 extruder update. However I am no longer using this assembly myself, so someone will need to print this and test it. Please let me know if it successfully clears the fan, or if I need to add more length.
Made a correction to the RIGHT side mount, it needed a little more clearance as the right side of the bed frame is not symmetrical to the left.
I've added a separate RIGHT and LEFT side STL file (the right side option is admittedly much more convenient as it doesn't get in the way of the SD card slot like the left side does). FYI - I probably won't be working any more on this one, as it was really a quick and dirty solution for me. I have moved onto a new accessory rail design that I'll share soon. Stay tuned.
This is a remix of the previous MK2 version by robsgarcia, which is a remix of the "Prusa Camera Bed Mount - Higher Arm" by CNCKitchen, which is a remix of the original version by PrintCentral. I've modified this mount arm specifically for the brand-new PRUSA MK3 bed (released Nov 2017).
There are many older versions of this style of mount arm on Thingiverse, some even say "MK3" in the title. However none that I've seen actually fit the MK3 chassis. Several adjustments were necessary. First, the width of the bed chassis arm of the MK2 is only ~10mm, whereas the width of the arm of the new MK3 chassis is 12.3mm. So I widened the inner channel in this version to 12.33mm, which provides for a super snug fit on my MK3 bed rail. The prints made on my MK3 fit so tightly that it doesn't seem to need the screw that the original design called for. So I killed the screw slot and added two recessed zip tie slots across the bottom, which help guide the installation of a zip tie on each side of the silver spacer/post. After really ratcheting these down, the part seems solid enough. YMMV on the snugness depending on print tolerances.
I also significantly shortened the section that connects to the bed so that it doesn't interfere with the Y-axis rod and the zip tie that's on it. Then I lengthened the middle section of the arm so that the extruder won't crash into the camera when the bed moves all the way to the back and the extruder is low.
The version of the Pi camera enclosure that I used is this one by hackoholic that allows the ribbon cable to exit the bottom instead of the top: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2352964
Thanks to all the original designers and remixers.
I'm actually printing and using this on a new Prusa MK3, but that's not a drop-down choice above yet.