Ramps & E3D variant for Adoptabot
note 05/12/2018 - Updated Google Sheets parts list and links
This is a variation of the Adoptabot by Printrbot. Being in the UK some parts are easier to get than others so i have modified the brilliant little adoptabot by Brook to use easily available Ramps and E3D parts.
I have also added a cover for the Ramps board as well as a rear power input section along with an on/off switch and cooling fan for Ramps.
The lead screw has been changed to a standard TR8*8.
Additional tie wrap areas have been added to the Extruder Mount and Z Plate.
A List of the modified files are below ( it's basically all of them )
Adoptabot Remix F360
Printed using Real Filament PETG in Black & Red.
Print Temp : 240°C
Bed Temp : 80°C
Print Speed : 60mm/s
Top Layers : 5
Bottom Layers : 4
Perimeters : 3
Infill : 40%
Remove all Support materials and clean out 3mm holes with a drill bit for easier assembly later on.
The original design, idea and everything around this project came from Brook @Printrbot
The Original Adoptabot page can be found here - Printrbot Adoptabot
And the Original F360 files can be found here - Adoptabot F360
These are just the files that have been modified from the original.
- Y Bar End Back - Thickened slightly to increase stiffness
- Y Bar End Front - Top Linear Rod now passes straight through with clamp at the end to
- Extruder Mount - Tie wrap point added.
- Case 1 Front - Endstop mount modified.
- Case 2 Rear - Cooling slots and new fixing points.
- Z Plate - Endstop mount modified, Tie wrap point added and new Integrated nut mount.
- Z Top Handle - Thickened slightly, bearing added.
- X Bar End Left - Endstop flag modified.
I have provided a link to my Google Drive file that i put together for the parts i used and their cost.
As i am using a Ramps 1.5 board the firmware of choice is of course marlin, i Have configured everything for my setup but you may need to tweak it for yours.
The firmware settings i have used i have added to my Github along with everything else.