My mom's prehistoric food dehydrator quit working due to the thermal fuse blowing. after replacing it twice I decided that the problem was more likely to be the thermostat sticking, and decided to replace it. Amazon search for PID ended up showing the Inkbird ITC-1000 ( which is not a PID, I didn't realize that when i bought it)
I liked the 10A contact rating for the internal relay, so i got one and had to figure out how to mount the 'PID' controller.
I made this box and mounted it and the unit works great now. heats up faster then when i used my external PID (my real Pid controller)
The Box has cut outs at the back for surface mounting the box and cutting or drilling the holes for the wires into whatever you want to control. I used 1 3/4" 6-32 screws to mount the box, after I used a drill to clean out the holes. I had to sand the mated edges of the box to get a snug fit, like a few thousands of clean up. I printed this in ABS with .2mm layers and 3 outlines and 3 top and bottom layers on my Flashforge creator pro.
As always I uploaded my Sketchup files in the event anyone wants to change the design easily. Please comment if you build. I like comments.