I wanted a power plug cover for the new (june 2017) ANET A8 that could be attached to the stock power supply without drilling any hole...
I came to this minimalistic design where the power supply plug and switch is installed vertically. The box is then screwed in position using:
- the bottom big hole in the acrylic frame
- a clamp inserted between the wires protection flap and the metal thin cover which is pulled by a screw using the bottom part of the metal cover as a spacer . The clamp includes a kind of hook ( 1mm hoverhang) that will rest on top of the metal frame (see the pictures especially the one with a red arrow where the white clamp can be seen trough the holes of the power supply cover...)
The switch is located on top the power plug and is therefore easily accessible, and the power plug is rigidly mounted to the frame with the 220V wires pretty well protected... what else ?
I hope you'll like!
0.2mm with a 0.4 mm noozle
Nothing to do post print...
You will need 4x M3 screws and nuts of course ...
- Just insert M3 nuts inside the holes. The holes are design to be tight, present the nuts and pull them screwing the bolt...
- second step is soldier the wires on the plug.
- then insert the wires through the front hole, screw them to the power supply.
- screw the clamp to the power plug cover (leave 5 mm of play
- through the front hole, install the clamp in position and screw the top front screw
- screw the power plug on its case
- using the printed washer, screw the back screw
my other ANET A8 mods