Jet Engine; 2-Spool, Current
For the current jet engine for middle class passenger planes, the improved 2-Spool engine is used.
3D model for explaining the different feature comparing to the latest "3-Spool" and "Geared" turbofan engine models was designed and made.
The points of the design are;
- For the rotation of each spool, the dummy bearing method only is prepared.
- All stator vanes are omitted this time, because of avoiding rub of vanes and blades.
- In addition, some parts that printing is considered difficult without support, are prepared STL file with support. The last of two digits of the file name is identified as "ws".
In order to ease understanding about the contents of each part and the assembly order, parts breakdown and list are prepared.
Download files includes;
-files: STL Files (43 items)
-images: Parts Breakdown for assembly Aid
-Excel File: Parts List
Purchase Parts Information;
See Parts List
Micro screws M1.4x3.5L - Appox. 40 ea - Direct screw-in to 1 mm dia hole (No nut)
Screws M2 x 6L - 4 ea, See Parts List
- Standard Skill (such as Drilling, Tapping, Filing, Tightening, Painting and Gluing etc) is needed and perseverance too.
Total Net Print Time: Approx. 52HR
- (Estimated as case of PLA, 0.4mm Nozzle, 0.2mm Layer Height, 40% infill and No raft and support)
Note: When at actual print, each parameter may be adjusted by your experience.
Rotor; https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2835643 - 2018.3.22