As great as my HIVE - Stackable Hex Drawers are, they don't hold a whole lot in the drawers and the complex printing movements add a lot of time. I tried to fix this with my Modular Drawers. But these modules did not interlock. This is the interlocking version of my Modular Drawers 1.0
Modular Drawers 2.0 offers a sleek design free of complex print movements, decreasing print time while increasing storage volume. The dimensions are: 85 mm x 85 mm x 100 mm providing more than enough space to hold screws, capacitors, and other common small components.
|Like this design? Please consider helping me replace filament
The pictures are renders but tolerances have been accounted for. I printed a few modules but not the drawers yet.
Here is the Ferrofluid Vase from the renders
More Modular Drawer Systems
Find me on:
- The drawers should fit inside the modules as is. It doesn't hurt to scale the modules to 101% and drawers remain at 100% (or drawers to 99% and modules 100%)
- Print speed can be increased
- Lower resolutions will print faster but may affect fit between slots and rails. If you have a problem with fit at lower res please tell me and I will upload a low res high speed module
- I recommend printing with 5% infill
- Combing cuts the time in half