After Printing most of Drewlysses insert. it was very nice but didn't fit in the box the way I wanted (2 boards to fit flat) and couple other small tweaks. So I fired up inventor and redesigned the whole thing from scratch using drewlysses design as inspiration.
Everything is printed using 0.3 layers an 10% infill. It's an insert so I'm not over concerned with it looking super nice like to cut the material as much as possible. all said and done all the parts were 466 grams ( just bit over a pound)
Most of the files differ a little from the ones I printed. I fixed a couple of small problems in many of the files so they will work better and fill out the box better. city box and coin box tweaked so pieces are easier to get in and out
The following parts need multiples:
5 player boxs
6 resource boxes
2 forum boxes
2 player board spacers (just noticed this file is rotated weirdly sorry)
you can get by with out the player board support things. but they are only 12 grams and only take 30mins total to print both.
the Concordia spacer piece is also optional but helps stop stuff from shifting around
also added a little colony house file. I lost a black house at some point for that file I recommend 100% fill, 0.15 layers and a raft since its so small. it turned out great with the full fill it weighs about the same as the wood house you can barely tell it from the originals
The different color player boxes were a happy accident I ended up really liking but was a bit of a pain switching colors out every print. planned printing all in black but I wanted to print test first playerbox and was too lazy to swap out the blue which then gave me the idea to match each box to the player color.
also it is designed for holding 2 maps so if you don't have salsa it will still work but might shift around a bit so you might have to cut a piece of cardboard out for the bottom of the box to simulate a 2nd map
EDIT 9/10/17: Added revision to playerbox and card box to allow for sleeved cards.the originals may work but I think they would be very tight fit
EDIT: 9/23/17 shrunk resource a small bit so it works with sleeved card player boxes also.
EDIT: 7/8/18 uploaded original inventor files per a request
check out my other custom inserts:
steam punk rally: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2441665
total print time was a bit over 48 hours used 466 grams of pla
used 0.8 walls (0.4 nozzle so 2 shells) and 0.9 top and bottom thickness
everything has nice big flat bottoms so no rafts or supports are needed