I found an amazing e-drum project by RyoKosaka.
His project calls for the shell to be made of a 3-layer paper stock. I got the dimensions from him and designed a 3D printed shell to add to his project as an alternative to the paper stock.
A common bed size in most consumer desktop printers is 200mm x 200mm and, unfortunately, the shell is just a hair larger than that (201.5mm major diameter). My solution to this was to quarter the shell, which allowed me to reduce the 2D footprint by half along the X- and Y-axis. Each leaf of the shell fits into a rabbet/groove combo on the bottom rim while a a groove on the top rim pushes the mesh head down and over the shell. I designed the shell in a way that all 4 pieces could be printed at the same time and so that when the top rim is tightened down, it binds each of the shell quarters to each other without causing an overlap. The added benefit of it being modeled in a CAD is that it can be modified/customized for any need or desire, should anyone choose to.
The shells are only 3mm thick and don't really have enough surface contact to ensure positive adhesion. Unless you have your printer calibrated in such a way that it can handle narrow tolerances like this, I would recommend doing a raft or brim.