This is a Ukulele holder that I designed.
It closes (rotates the arms) when you put your ukulele onto it.
When you lift your ukulele up, it opens back up again.
This allows for easy and secure storrage of your uke.
It is broken into multiple pieces in order to print it easily without support.
It uses a rubberband to allow it to open itself up again.
Parts to print:
1. Clean up the parts
Clean up the parts.
Some sanding may be required to assure the parts fit together nicely and glide smoothly.
- Glue the Tubes to the FrontPlate. (Make sure the holes line up.)
- Using a short piece of 1.75 mm Filament secure a short Rubberband on the bottom of
the backside of the FrontPlate.
- Hook the rack onto the rubberband and make sure the band is strong enough to pull the
Rack to the bottom of the FrontPlate (can also be changed later.)
- Put the arms into the tubes, and align them, so they are in the closed position.
- Glue the Gears to the Arms. (Make sure they are able to turn freely.)
- If everything is working as intended, glue on the Back Plate.
- Screw the WallMount to the Wall using two screws.
- Hook the assembly to the Wall.
I used Solidworks to design this.