Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

sprocketscientist

Ridgid 18v Battery Connector

by sprocketscientist Jun 12, 2017
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

thanks for making this. Seems like ridgid has stopped selling the battery connector parts individualy and now want you to buy an entire contacts/switch/motor assembly, making it unaffordable.

Hey!

Currently doing the conversion for an old weedeater I got for free ( without batteries )

This said, i was wondering if you could share your 3D files? The battery_mount_2.stl is very nice, but i would like to adjust some stuff for it to be print'n'use ! :)

You will have to see the model I remixed this from, for the base. I don't have that 3D model. I only have the model for the connector part, so I will upload that. If you want to edit the STL itself, that can be done pretty easily in Tinkercad.

This is absolutely awesome! My handheld vac NiCd batteries got toasted so I converted it to use Ridgid batteries!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you!

Maybe its me but i found after repeated use the epoxy holding the two pieces fails eventually, i put a few 5/8" long screws from the bottom to hold the two pieces together fixed the issue. Maybe you can incorporate 2 holes in the base in the future, or maybe an optional one piece design?

Interesting. I printed the base and the battery socket in PLA and superglued them together and have had no delamination. There was some reason I didn't do a 1 piece design but I don't remember now why. Maybe had to do with putting the electrical contacts in the battery socket. Those I hot-glued in, and mine are still holding up, maybe the hot glue allows a little flex and doesn't wear out.
This is definitely a preliminary design that could be revised or remixed. The key part was the battery socket which I couldn't find a model for before.

Its probably the epoxy that i used, the battery fits in pretty tight and all the side to side wiggling to pull it out seems to crack the epoxy. I should probably try some better glue, but a 1 piece design would be ideal. I grouped it in tinkercad and its almost perfect, there's a small step between the two pieces, should be good enough.