I've designed this air duct for a 50mm radial fan on my GEEETech I3 Pro B after using XDr4g0nX's fan shroud for quite a while (thanks for the design!).
However, I think my approach has several advantages:
- The base and the throat are much more slender. So it doesn't conceal so much of your prints and it does not hit the glass clamps.
- Its height is adjustable in the range of 3.5 mm which may help to avoid some obstacles.
- The ring has a lot more holes which are directed downwards instead of rather inwards. Thus it cools your printed part instead of the nozzle. The airflow is significantly stronger.
I printed it in PETG. The included supports can easily be removed.
Now there is a second version that adds a mount for the BLTouch. However, I didn't test this one. It would be nice, if someone could post, if it fits or not.
June 3 2017: Update of the BLTouch version
- I moved the BLTouch mount 3mm to the outside as the screws for attaching the duct and the BLTouch came really close.
- I closed the 0.1mm gap between the BLTouch mount and the support structure as this caused printing in air.
Layer height 0.2mm Nozzle/EW 0.4mm
Can be printed without support as this is included in the model.