After dropping and breaking several 3D printed Tri Fidget Spinner Toys, I knocked up this design which has the following features:
- Uses 4 x standard 608 bearings.
- Bearings are enclosed within the 2 half shells, so no stress on the plastic and bearings can not fall out.
- 5mm bearing walls and 9mm total shell height for additional strength.
- Bearings fit easily into the shells, so not force or clamping required.
- If printed with ABS, it can survive several meter drops onto concrete without cracking/dropping bearings.
- ABS shells can be glued with liquid ABS or super glue.
Printed with ABS, 0.5mm nozzle, 0.3mm layer height.
Designed in Sketchup Make, design file included.
I found the +3% version fitted perfectly when printing with ABS (bearings can be finger pressed into the shells).
Please let me know if anyone tries this design with PLA, I am guessing it would still crack if dropped onto concrete from several meters?