My Tronxy X1 is an amazing printer but it does have its problems. One of those problems was the original fanmount. It was placed a little to low, which gave the poor printer a hard time getting up to temperature.
To combat this problem, I printed the body of the supercooler (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1906391).
Although this was a good solution to the getting-up-to-temperature problem, this caused another problem: extreme stringing.
The low placed cooler had as benefit that it would cool the extruded plastic as well.
New goal: I had to find an elegant and light way to add a 50mm radial fan I ordered to cool the extruded plastic.
On thingiverse I found this post: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2184575.
It had two benefits:
- It was a design for a extruder mount resembling mine.
- It was a mount for only a radial fan with minimal weight and a nice form factor.
After printing it and combining it with the 360 nozzle fan (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1620630.) I found the fanduct to be place to high and cool the hotend to much, which resulted in the original problem reocurring.
Since I really liked the design and sturdyness of the mount, I decided to remodel it and change it to be able to mount it to the left side of my mount without hitting the limit sensor.
EDIT: The solidworks part is not very organised since I made this very shortly after starting working with 3d design software. If you just want to use it in an assembly, I suggest only adding the step file.
TL;DR: I wanted to add a part cooler to my Tronxy X1 but could not find a print online that fitted my needs. So I moddeled one.
Before printing, the part should be rotated to be in "standing" position: the flat part to the bottom (as can be seen in the third picture), that way no supports are needed.
Print time is about 30 minutes.