UPDATE 8/11/2017: A flaw was found in the model that seemed to appear when certain slicing software was used, specifically Simply3D. Thanks to Creat3DPrints for reporting this! I also added different sizes as requested 40mm 50mm 60mm 70mm 80mm and 90mm. These measurements are made from the bottom of the aluminum extrusion.
This is the first 'thing' I have created... so I hope you all like it. I decided to create this because I needed legs to raise my printer up a bit before upgrading the bed with this bed upgrade by kencam. I saw the legs that kencam used but I didn't want the printer that high up so I created my own.
These legs have these features:
- Raises the printer from the current 8mm to 40mm.
- Replaces the current acrylic 'legs'
- Only uses 1 screw once it is slipped onto the aluminum extrusion. Which saves you a total of 8 screws and cams that could be used elsewhere.
- Is also aesthetically pleasing rather than seeing the raw end of the extrusion.
I also like the way it looks, it's more angular and matches the look of the printer.
With all my designs I am going try very hard to keep overhangs to a minimum. If I have one I try not to go over 45 degrees. Even thought this printer can do more I don't like how it looks...
Also, the legs need to be printed on their sides, this is due to the fact that it needs to slip onto the end of the extruded aluminum and gives a good tight fit. Also depending on your first layer settings... I kind of like the way it looks...
If requested I can upload versions with different heights.
UPDATE: My wife asked about the upper bracket and if I were going to make it match the legs... so I did, take a look
Here are some of the settings I used in slic3r:
- Layer height: .2mm
- First: .28mm
- Perimeters: 3
- Top / Bottom: 3
- Infill: 15% Rect
Using these speeds:
- Perimeters: 60mm
- Ext Per: 35mm
- Infill: 60mm
- S Infill: 80%
- Travel: 130mm
- First Layer 25mm
I could print each leg in 1.5 hours.
I just used Tinkercad to design this.