An adjustable Z endstop for the Monoprice Select Mini / Mayan M200. No more need to adjust the bed level screws and install spacers if you are printing on glass, swapping nozzles, doing maintenance, or trying to fine tuning your first layer.
No major modifications or drilling required.
Re-positions the z-endstop switch closer to the bed where a bracket with an adjustment screw can trigger it.
- M3 Nut
- M3 Screw (20mm or longer)
- Small Spring: Can be sourced from a clicker pen and cut down if too long/stiff.
- M3 Washer: To keep the spring from binding on the head of the screw.
- Limit switch M2 screws and nuts
- X carriage shield plastic screw
Model is optimized for .4 nozzle, .4 extrustion width. 3 perimeter, 4 top/bottom.
Tested in both PLA and Petg. PLA is more slippery when clamped against the smooth painted metal of the printer frame.
Fitment is intentionally tight to prevent wobble or play, make sure everything is seated tight and doesn't move or wiggle.
Prep Requirements: Remove the X-carriage shield and remount X limit switch if necessary.
Some of the printers come with the X limit switch mounted directly to the carriage, later ones come with the switch mounted to the metal shield.
If yours is mounted to the shield, you'll need to print an adapter:
Unscrew the Z endstop. Check to make sure the wires are long enough top reach the new position without interfering with the Z Stepper/lead screw.
- Clear out the nut and screw holes in the printed parts. Press fit the M2 Nuts into the endstop bracket.
Fit the switch and loosely screw the assembly together
Plug in the switch and route the wires away from the threaded rod and stepper.
- Slot the switch assembly over the rear tower cover. Hold down tight in place and clamp with the screws, making sure its fully seated flush and doesn't wiggle/move. If it wiggles or has play, try adding tape on the metal or between for added friction/thickness.
Tilt the machine over on its side ( on the filament side) , X carriage pointed up.
Test fit the bracket, it should seat tightly and not wiggle even before being screwed down.
Clean out the m3 screw nut and screw hole. The M3 screw should be able to move/spin freely in the hole without binding on plastic.
Press fit the M3 nut. Assemble the Spring ,washer, screw combo and thread through bracket. Tighten Down as far as the spring will allow, making sure at least 1cm is below the nut.
Press the bracket in the carriage and screw down reusing the x carriage shield screw. (6mm long plastic screw) Make sure there is zero play in the bracket, it should seat tight without wiggling.
- Reinstall front tower cover to make sure everything clears.
Start with the screw all the way down and no glass on the bed.
Home the printer and see how close the nozzle gets.
Each complete turn of the adjustment screw raises or lowers home position by .5mm ( .5 thread pitch). Small adjustments are can be made : 1/10th turn = .05mm
- Back the adjustment screw out and rehome until the correct height.