The title says it all, this is a speed feed for the Dye Rotor that you print out of Ninjaflex or other flexible material. This was one of those projects I was really looking forward to "taking a shot at" when I got my printer up and running, and I was not disappointed with the results. I'm not a "regular" paintballer, but I've used it several times throughout a full day of play and it has held up much better than I would have thought. The one in the pictures is the one I've been using, and besides some paint residue left over from splatter its physical condition is perfect.
It took a couple tries to reach the perfect balance between rigidity and size of the "fingers" so that a pod of paint would go in without a problem but would still keep the paint from falling out when the Rotor is tilted sideways or upside down. I think at this point I've achieved a good balance with the print settings I've included.
Shayper Bot (Home built Prusa I3 Derivative)
I included the .ini file for cura users who want to use my exact settings for this print
The most critical settings for success are:
-.4mm shell thickness
-20mm/s print speed
-I would suggest a Brim of 10 at least for good bed adhesion
-Turn off retraction
-230 degrees Celsius print temperature
-Use a high travel speed for your printer (Mine is slow you might want to turn it up)
-Initial layer line width 100%
-The print fan will probably help, although my settings for the fan in the .ini file are probably not great. I don't think I used the fan for this print so you may want to adjust those to suit your printer.
I would suggest using a flush cutter to clean up any stringing left over.