4/27/17-Made another version of this with a higher gear ratio.
Where's Everything Else???
- This gearbox has an newer, nearly identical twin, with the same form factor and different gear ratio, it can be found in the collection
In This Collection you will find:
- All other related parts for this project
- Future Updates to this Project
- All User Submitted Remix's
- Click that watch button to get notifications on future uploads!
Align the planet gears in order as shown in the main picture, insert a sun gear, Snap Ring Gear #1 on, Inset all sun Gears, snap the other 2 or 3 ring gears on, also, you will need to close the gap in the rings before you spin this gear set or else it could skip teeth and get out of alignment, for this i have included the ring closures, that fits over all the rings
- This Gearbox is 100% compatible with the Robotic Arm Project!
- This Gearbox can be used in any application that the 66:1 Gearbox is used in, because the outside of the rings gears, and the width of the ring gears are identical.
- Do not mix and match gears between this Gearbox and the 66:1.
How it works
When you rotate the one piece sun gear, The Planet gears orbit that gear, when the Planet Gears make a full 360 Degree rotation around the Sun Gears, Ring Gear #2 and Ring Gear #4 will move 27.7 Degrees, ( 2 Teeth)
The other important thing to realize here is that Ring Gears #1 & #3 will be at the same potential and Ring Gear #2 & Ring Gear #4 will be at the same potential
- The use of Ring Gear #4, the 4 Module Planet Gears, and Sun Gear #4 is optional and used to increase the amount of torque this gearbox can transfer, as well as to decrease the amount of load on each gear, think of it like a door hinge.
Other Important Info:
The most recent version of this project can be downloaded in lots of different formats from this link: http://a360.co/2wW8PDX
Show Your Work!
- Make a "make" and show everyone what you made! (make? :0) Everyone will thank you for it!
For More Cool Projects and Upgrades, Don't forget to Follow Me on Thingiverse and Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
Gear Down For What?