CAUTION - body is too soft! - see update below
I tested the thing out after being in the hospital for a while and the body of the quad is way to soft and wobbly!
the arms are pretty good but the body cant take the vibrations... but i have to admit that i did NOT balance the propellers at all... so that might be part of the reason that its.. well.. wobbly.
so if you think to print the thing and try it out be advised that the body needs some redesigning before it is satisfactionary. it might as well work for you just fine but i´m not convinced yet, even though it actually can fly.. but not very good.
until the next update...
This is a work in progress and will be at the end a small quadcopter frame to support my hobbyking donkey ST2204 motors because they have a large footprint and dont fit on most of the regular quadcopter frames.
i include the sketchup files as well in the download for editing.
as soon as i feel that i'm finshed with the project i will cleanup the files and the description to make it more neat but until then i will just pop in some update infos :-)
Update 2017-01-27: Uploaded version 2 of the arm with major improvements and still very stiff! cura calculates 25gramm for the thing... well see. changed infill to 50% and wall thickness to 0.8mm.
Update 2017-02-03: Switched to glass, printed 4 arms out and put em on a scale after: 20gramms each... seems reasonable and they are very stiff but still allow a bit flexing when bend really hard. feels just right. i uploaded 2 more pics showing all sides and the cable channel.
now with the arms finished to my satisfaction i need to start working on the center frame/plate/box/whatever thingy. i have some kind of slot in system in mind....
Update 2017-02-09: Designed and uploaded the body for the quadcopter.
i made it so that it can take two different kinds of controll boards. diagonal or horizontal? mounting. there is no compartement for the battery yet but that might gonne be an additional part that screws onto the body afterwards.
there is going to be a top-plate screwed on which still needs to be designed.
im going to print the body as it is out as soon as i have time since the print seems to take about 12 hours...
so stay tuned for some pics and as always: all feedback is appreciated. so give so comments :)
Oh and i removed the version 1 of the quadcopter arm as it was absolute overkill.. but if someone wants it i still have the files and can pop em up again...
Update 2017-02-10: So i printed the body out in... well... pink/magenta...(just wanted to check some new filament.. ahem..).
It does flex but not too much and as soon as i made the top/lid it will not flex at all anymore i think and the whole thing is going to be really stiff for good acrobatic behavior.
The holes which where intended for screwing the arms to the body are not really needed anymore cos the arms are pretty snug in the body sockets and want come out anymore without using quite some force and the lid that will get screwed to the body will stop them anyway from coming out. so now i can use the small holes to feed some wire trough for led strips or something like that..
Filament: ABS natural 1.75mm
layer_height = 0.2
wall_thickness = 0.8
solid_layer_thickness = 1.6
fill_density = 50
nozzle_size = 0.4
print_speed = 30
print_temperature = 245
print_bed_temperature = 100
support = None
platform_adhesion = Brim
printing on glass
I designed this by measuring the motor and then playing around in sketchup :)