Consider supporting me by sending me a tip on thingiverse or PayPal.
Make sure to post a make if you print one!
31/07/2017 - New sensor mounts, support for SN04-N sensor. Included cable clamp to clamp cables to the top of the mount for better cable management. Improved fan duct placement and design.
17/02/2017 - Added a BlTouch sensor variant.
13/01/2017 - Added an 18mm sensor variant.
08/01/2017 - First release.
What Is It?
If you are upgrading your Prusa i3 hotend to the E3D V6 or a V6 clone hot-end with the standard groove mount, you'll need some way of mounting it to your x-carriage. The mount attaches to the x-carriage using the same four hole mounting system that is used on the Prusa I3 rework 1.5 kit, so you will need to print off a compatible x-carriage.
My Prusa I3 X-Carriage: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2514659
This design uses a clamp so your hotend will stay firmly in place and won't wobble around.
More features are on the way including cable chain support and dual extrusion options. Please comment on anything you want me to implement and let me know of any problems that you are having with my design.
Thanks to Josef Prusa. I took inspiration from the Prusa MK2s.
4 x m3 25mm screws
4 x m3 16mm screws
3 x m3 20mm screws
10 x m3 nuts
E3D Hot end (or clone)
50mm radial fan
12mm inductive sensor (or optional 18mm sensor)
Post Processing parts
I designed the parts so that they shouldn't need any cleanup. So just print the parts and you are ready to assemble it.
1) Firstly use 4 x m3*25mm screws and 4x m3 nuts to secure the main body of the mount onto your x carriage.
2) Use 2 x m3*16mm screws and 2 x m3 nuts to clamp the hot end onto the main mount using the printed clamp part.
3) Use 2 x m3*20mm screws and 2 x m3 nuts to attach the 50mm radial fan onto the printed clamp part.
4) Use 2 x m3*16mm screws to attach the 30mm fan to the left-hand side of the hot end.
5) Use an m3*20mm screw and an m3 nut to attach the fan duct to the printed camp part just below the radial fan.
define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 32.5
define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 5
define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0