This is a 360 surround fan duct for use with a blower/radial type fan.
I based this design off of user Tech2C's design (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1632847) as it was the best I've seen. Hope he doesn't mind.
It is designed to work with the hexagon cooler, but will probably also work with the E3D V6.
Screw holes are M5 and meant to be screwed into.
Cobblebot Vanguard Prusa i3 Hybrid
at least 30% for mount, 100% for Duct
No support on the duct, as there are tiny supports included in the model which can be broken off with a knife. Support required for the mount part as there is a bridge which needs to be square.
- Surround duct size increased to make more room for the hotend to prevent melting when running hot temps.
- Air outlet gap width increased for more airflow and reduced pressure, because air was being pushed out of gaps between the fan and duct rather than fully out of the surround outlet.
- Duct shortened as it was too long.
- Added screw head clearance for Mount mounting screws.
- Increased length of clamp screw hole to accommodate longer screws.
Surround cooler released for testing. All is present to use except the lock part that clamps the hotend in place. This part can be used from the aforementioned part on which i based my design. (Show Tech2C some love while you're there)