This robot is obsolete, see the update version here.
This quadruped robot is driven by an arduino board and using low price cheap tower pro 9g servo. It has two play modes. One is autonomous which it walks itself randomly in each 5 seconds to different directions. Another is played using an Android app. With ultrasonic distance sensor it will avoid obstacle in front.
Electronics for Demo Built:
1) GSTduino with on-board SPP-C-Bluetooth-UART board.
2) a 3.7V 18650 lithium-ion battery pack (two 18650 batteries in parallel), to charge the battery find our another design.
3) 8 x Tower Pro 9g servo.
4) a HC-SR04 ultrasonic distance sensor. This is optional if you don't want obstacle detection
5) a SPP-C Bluetooth UART or equivalent for Andriod phone control. Baud rate sets to 115200. You don't need to buy separately if you use item 1.
To charge batteries, you can use the charger dock we design.
If you use other Arduino board such as nano, likely you will need a I/O shield for connecting servos. If you are experienced maker, of cause you can use a proto board to customized one. The body of robot is the chamber which can hold two 18650 Lithium-ion batteries. You may have to look after the power regulator too.
1) Dupoint wires
2) Eight M2x4 tapping screws for servo arm clip and M2x6 tapping screws for others
1) Arduino code on githup
2) Android app on Google Play.
Alternative, you can use the software in our another design thing:2317065, this is the demo https://youtu.be/Htz4qVPmL7Y
Connection to digital pins of Arduino are as following -
1) D2 to front right hip servo
2) D3 to front right leg servo
3) D4 to back right hip servo
4) D5 to back right leg servo
5) D6 to back left hip servo
6) D7 to back left leg servo
7) D8 to front left hip servo
8) D9 to front left leg
9) D10 to HC-SR04 trigger pin
10) D11 to HC-SR04 echo pin
11) D12 for play mode selection, to 0V (low state) or 3.3V(high state)
12) Bluetooth UART module to the board's Bluetooth connector
All servos initial angles must set to 90° as the photo showing initial posture. HC-SR04 power input is to 5V pin.
- print two sets of the legs.stl
- the clips should print in 100% infill
How to play
D12 digital pin is playing mode selection. When D12 is low state the robot is in autonomous walking mode. In this mode, walking direction is randomly changed in every 5 sec. If the ultrasonic distance sensor detects obstacle at the front, it will avoid it.
When D12 is high state, it is controlled by the Android phone, the Bluetooth UART must be installed. To control by the App, firstly pair the Bluetooth UART with your Android phone. Tap setting menu of app to select it. You tap the arrow buttons to control the robot walking.