This model was made for a Halloween project. It requires more glue than my other models usually need. I plan on making the inset fences sit better inside the arches in future (at the moment they need some support to hold them in place.)
The roof has to be printed vertically, but I think the detail level is fine.
Glue four of the walls together. They notch into each other for easy alignment. I used Gorilla Glue two part epoxy. When fixed together, these walls are held nicely in place by the elevated square on the base piece.
After printing the roof, also print the roof insert. Glue it onto the bottom of the roof so that this fits snugly onto the four wall pieces.
I used epoxy putty (milliput) to hold the gates in place, but I plan to fix the model so that they can tension hold themselves in place. Change forthcoming.
In terms of paint that I used to create the final version as I showed in the picture, I used a black primer (rustoleum matte) then a base coat of mid-tone grey. Then I added consecutively brighter shades of moss green to various areas of the model (using an airbrush, but can be done with a brush). Then I painted Army Painter's Strong Tone ink into corners and crevices. I also used it to add some mottled detail to some open areas of stone. Then I did highlights on outside edges in a very light green.