Designed a pair of fun and unique platform shoes. Originally, inspired by a shark. The shark teeth are represented into straps and the platform. Heel is represent as a knife.
Heel height :12.7 cm (5 inch)
Platform : 3.5 cm (1 3/8 inch)
Size : 10.5 (US size)
UPDATE (October 31, 2016)
I uploaded some of the version 2 files. Changes made as follow:
-#1.Shoes body_Ver2: Rectangular holes for the connections with other parts are slightly bigger than the first design. Nothing else changed.
-#2.Top Heel.Ver2: Pegs to connect to the #1 is slightly bigger as of #1's holes dimension change. I made the blade a bit thicker because it was too thin for my print.
-#3.Front sole&teeth: Teeth part was too thin. I lost some of them in my first prototype. Now, it's about 2mm thick. It should work fine. Nothing else changed.
-#4.Front Base_Ver2: Pegs to connect to the #1 is slightly bigger. Nothing else changed.
-#5.Front strap.Ver2: The side that is closer to the toes was too big. I shorten the length on that side.
-#1.Shoes body.stl : 100% infill is recommended for stability. You need support everywhere.
-#2.Heel Handle.STL : 100% infill is recommended for stability. No support needed.
-#2.Top Heel.stl : 100% infill is recommended for stability. You need support touch-bed and print from the flat surface up.
-#3.Front sole&teeth.stl and 4.Front Base.stl : 100% infill is recommended for stability. You need support touch-bed.
-#5. Front strap Mouth.STL and 6.Ankle strap.2.STL : I used PLA but if you have flexible material, that might be better.
To make a pair, you will need:
- 2 x parts #1- #5(STL)
- 4 x #6(STL, Ankle strap)
- 2 x 3.3mm (0.13") diameter x 100mm(3.9") length toggle bolts
- 25mm wide, 5 meter long ribbon
- Epoxy glue
There is thermo-forming method used on the heel. You will need boiling water and a mug and another mug that is similar to your heel size.
- print everything.
- assemble #2 heel handle & top heel with a toggle bolt screwed in from the bottom to connect them (I used a drill with a driver bit) (see the pic)
- you need to change the shape of the vertical "knife blades" on the heel. I used thermo-forming method.
First, boil water and fill boiling water in a mug. Dip the knife part of the heel in for 5 to 10 second. You'll see the the knife will become soft and flexible. Remove it from hot water and quickly press around a small mug (close to the size of your heel) to make nice curved shape. Make sure not to push the ribbon slot too much (If you pushed and closed the opening of the slot, you can fix it with a knife using same thermo-forming method). Be careful not to burn yourself. You can wear gloves but I just did by fingers.
- glue the heel assembly to back of the #1 shoe body.
- glue #3 Front sole&teeth on #4 Front Base.
- glue the #3 Front sole&teeth& #4 Front Base assembly onto the front of #1.shoe body.
- glue the tabs of #5 Front strap Mouth into the front slots on the #1.shoe body.
- take approximately 60cm long ribbon and thread half through gap in front platform
- thread one half of the ribbon up the left side of #5 Front strap Mouth, and the other half up the right side
- put the two ends of the ribbon through the left and right rear slots on the shoe body, adjust the length with your foot in, for each end, tie a knot in the slot and cut the ribbon end off.
- now add the ankle pieces and ribbon
from behind the shoe, fold approximately 1 meter long ribbon in half, thread each end through an Ankle strap hole at the wide end, then through the "knife slot" and then through the remainder ankle strap holes
- When wearing, cross the ankle ribbon across the front of the ankle and tie a bow behind your ankle.
ADDED NOTE (October 31, 2016)
The files that are uploaded is for a right foot. Don't forget to mirror them for the left foot!