This is work in progress clone of the DJI Mavic. I started this project on September 26th, the night before the official release of the Mavic. I designed it based on leaked images, and had most of the CAD for the bottom frame sections and arms (all that's needed to fly), done before the release the next morning. I tossed together a quick video showing it off, and then got to work on printing it. Fast forward to today, October 21st, and I have a flying DIY Maviclone, before the DJI Mavic has shipped. (Wouldve been sooner, but waiting on parts from China gets obnoxious ;P)
There is still a lot of work to be done. The canopy and avionics plate are made of foam board and duct tape in the build log videos 1-5 (linked below), as I wanted to wait to test fly it before continuing on the rest of the CAD (in case a major re-design was required) But everything checks out, so a proper avionics plate and battery bay are in the works, as well as I'm wanting to get some different electronics (4in1 ESC and a PXF-mini flight controller shield from ErleRobotics, to use in conjunction with a Pi Zero.)
That being said, this is the release of V1. Its not perfect, parts need sanding to fit right (intentional, need a tight fit), and while mine flies, I cannot gurantee that for yours at this stage. Files provided as-is, but open source and free of charge (however donations are GREATLY appreciated! Links to places you can support me are in the description of the build updates) See improvements that can be made? Make them and upload them as a Remix :)
Thanks for checking this out, and enjoy :)
Build Update Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFXaMSDmL4_4_uWaUwMCM9qZoXfc4svYv
CRITICAL UPDATE 10/24/2016: BottomFrameRear STL and 123dx files were updated. The old version did not have the tabs that allow the arms to remain in the unfolded position properly, didn't notice this until today. The new version does, and the old version has been removed.
GENERAL UPDATE 11/7/2016: Uploaded the Canopy files. The canopy has extrusions to allow it to hold in place on the horizontal axis, however you will need to secure it with zipties or a velcro strap for the time being, while I decide a more appropriate method (clips would be nice, tool-less etc, however would be fragile. Might end up bolting the top and bottom together with a bolt or two, unsure.) Also uploaded a picture of the folded unit with the revised canopy and folding props installed.
UPDATE 12/10/2016: I have replaced FrontArmLeft.stl, FrontArmRight.stl, and FrontArms.123dx with updated/revised versions, as the bolt pattern for the motor was reversed. The new version should be accurate for most 2212/2213 bolt patterns, but may need to be drilled out slightly, dependent on motors and mounting hardware used.
30% on the arms, 10% on the frame, 3-4 shells
Support is needed for the BottomFrameFront, however the rest should be printable with little to no support. A brim of 5-10mm is suggested, especially if printing with ABS, to avoid warping.
Material used was ABS, at 50mm/s, 255C hot end, 100c bed, in an enclosed build chamber to prevent drafts/hold heat. Warping and delamination were non existent.