Center finder inspired form Woodpeckers MT Center Gauge
See also the bigger version : MTXL Center Gauge
I designed some gauge bars in metric and imperial sizes, ask if you want some other sizes :
- Imperial : 1/8, 3/16,1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1"
- Metric : 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 25mm
You need :
- 2x Bottom.stl
- 2x Top.stl
- 4x Pin
- 2x Thumb_screw.stl (choose the small or the big model)
- Gauge bars that you want !
- 2x M4x16mm hex bolts for the thumb screws
- 2x M4 nuts by gauge bar
- 2016-10-19 : Added 2 new thumbscrew designs
- 2016-10-21 : Remove old thumbscrews and adjust the diameter of the new ones, they were too big
To get best accuracy as possible, the fittings are tight, it could need a little sanding for a perfect fit, particulary the 'bottom' holes, and the 'top' hole in the middle, where the thumb screw goes.
Don't sand the two other holes in the 'top' part, they are for the pins and have to be very tight to keep the assembly.
The nuts may need to be pushed in the bars with a small hammer or something like that.