MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now


Harbour Insert

by PengLord Sep 25, 2016
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

I just made one today. I had the same issue; it was awfully thick to fit. I ended up sanding it on all sides until I could easily put it in and pull it out. It definitely wasn't a small amount of sanding. I can't fit 5 resources in the resource trays, so I put 1 set of 4 in each of the 4 trays (4 players), then an extra set in with the meeples (market). No matter how many players, you need a set for the market and then based on the number of players you pull out a tray's worth for each.

If I was to print this again, I would make the exterior walls a little thinner. I'd consider not printing the bottom if it's still easy to remove pieces without having to remove the tray from the box. With sleeved cards and a couple promo characters, my lid doesn't quite sit flush.

Very minor complaints though; overall this was an easy print and handles the components well. Plus I've never designed anything, so this is far better than what I'd come up with. :) I'm using KMC Perfect Fit sleeves and had no issues getting the cards in the box.

Thank you for the feedback. I've released v1.2 to give a few more millimeters of space for the resource tokens. The walls are a little bit thinner as well. I left the bottom on but thinned it up quite a bit.

I printed 1.2 today, but I've ended up with it not fitting into the box. I'll try sanding it down, otherwise I'll see if I can scale it down just a little and reprint.

It seems the box may be smaller in current production runs, can you give me the new interior dimensions?

From what I can measure with a simple ruler, the box interior is 142.5mm x 92.5mm x 30mm. My print is 144mm x 94mm x 19.8mm.

I've added ver 1.3, it's about as slimmed down as I can get the insert. I hope that one works for the newer boxes.

It's snug but it fits. Thanks for the update!

I've edited the description with your suggested scaling, thank you for the feedback.

I'll give it a shot. To be fair, it seems my extrusion multiplier was a little high at the time, so I imagine that contributed to it. I didn't notice until I printed a screw/nut and found they wouldn't screw together.

1.3 more than fits and even has enough room to fit all my character cards.

Great insert design! Thanks for sharing. I printed the V1.1. It was super tight in the box, I was afraid it would split, but it managed to sneak in there. I think the consistency of the wooden resource tokens might be off a little though. Even with the extra space, my set of red blocks just barely barely fit the slot for them. Other than that, it turned out beautifully. Thanks again, great job!

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad it works for you, I was concerned about the inconsistency of token thickness.