This is one of my first Autodesk Inventor projects that I worked on the summer of 2016. This Luke Skywalker Lightsaber is by far my favorite hilt, so I decided to create it. I was inspired to make replica props for Star Wars because I've always dreamed of owning props like these.
Every part of this hilt was manually made by me using ONLY Autodesk Inventor, and is in no means an actual 1:1 replica of the original. However, I've done my best to create one that is far more accurate than others that I have seen on Thingiverse. My design was based off of the first image, although not 1:1, it's pretty close.
The Completed Project can be viewed above.
I've added a new file to create a better front section for the Lightsaber. I've also replaced the original Thing file with a new one, titled: High Res Hilt. This should allow for better resolution prints, as the flat sections do not rely on support material to create, but rather the flat bed surface.
As you can see, the newer design allows for very flat and smooth surfaces, as compared to the 'splotchy' and messy result (the painted one).
I revamped the pommel to match the movie version exactly; there is also an added hole to insert a D-Ring. I also added a new panel that can be glued into the side of the ignition switch, adding more authenticity to the overall prop. The other files have been deleted, leaving one completed Lightsaber file.
Monoprice Maker Select v2