This is aaskedall's original “space ship thing,” with a few improvements.
First, the original models had non-manifold errors that caused problems in some slicer programs (like Slic3r). I spent quite a bit of time getting rid of these errors manually. While doing this, I also straightened out the landing gear because there was an offset between the left and right sides. And, the center of the original satellite dish is no longer free-floating. In other words, unlike the originals, these models should cause no trouble in slicer programs, and there should not be any unexpected flaws in the result. Even in programs that have no problem with the original models, the output might look nicer when printed in large sizes.
Next, I completed the missing rear end, something many people have been asking for a long time. This also was a manual process, extrapolating the existing structures as much as I could and guessing the rest. I ensured the completed model is (almost) perfectly compatible with the original, so I also provided just the missing piece in case you already printed the original model and only want to print the missing part.
Enjoy! And don't forget there is a ‘tip’ button if you want to show some appreciation for the work that went into performing these fixes.
Remember, this is a fan recreation with no commercial intent, for personal use only. Do not try to make money out of this or display it as official merchandise.
The photo shows the ‘fixed-bottom’ model printed at 1/3 scale, with Slic3r.
I had to enforce support for the bottom-most layers because it really is very optimistic to expect the tiny cut-off bottom layer to provide enough adhesion.
Use the ‘COMPLETE’ models if you want the whole thing, obviously you will need supports to print those.
Originally I had cleaned up the models by sending the STL files repeatedly through both Netfabb and MeshLab, applying repair and cleaning operations in a semi-random way until none of the programs complained about the model quality, and Slic3r would not get into an infinite loop while trying to slice them. However, this caused deformations that were visible when printing the model at large scales.
Therefore I started over with the experience of correcting non-manifold errors I had gained in the meantime, and fixed the models manually in Blender. This was a bit of a pain, but the result is correct models without any loss of detail. I chopped up the models so I only had to fix the body once, and then re-attached the different flavors of dish and landing gear to obtain all variations.
Re-fixed the models from scratch, manually, so there is no more loss of detail. Also corrected the uneven landing gears.
Reconstructed the missing rear end!