The Ark of the Covenant Diorama-kit
Information about the Ark of the Covenant:
How to make:
- Find a nice display box, or platform. (hobbystores online etc)
- Find some wooden sticks. (most supermarkets should have them otherwise try some street food stands)
- Find some plastic plant that can be used in the scene. (Dollar shops, decoration shops etc)
- Resize the model parts to fit your display box/platform and size the model to fit the wooden sticks.
- Print the models.
- Sand the models.
- Fit the model parts, the "Grail protection figures", "Wooden sticks", And "the Ark".
- Base coat the models.
- Put some simple cheap sculpting clay on your platform/display box.
- Model the clay how you want the scene to be (ground, pools of water, stones, and roads etc.)
- To give more stability to the figures while standing in the box you could press the figures into the clay (few millimeters should be ok) pull the figures out of the clay.
- While the clay is drying.
- Press your plastic plants into the scene.
- To make the reed shore I cut pairs of hairs from a brush and painted them.
- After the clay is dry, Paint the whole scene, drybrush weathering.
- Fill the water pools with "still water" or transparent glue.
- Let everything dry completely before putting on the top part of the display box.
(otherwise the "still water" / glue will condensate on the inside of your display!)
About the models:
Thanks for watching, If you enjoy this model please comment and support and check out my other models and tutorials:
Want to help me because you like my models ?
You can donate a bit of your device resources while downloading / printing my models, to generate some JSECoins for me in return, it wont use much resources of your device, and no sign up required. Link: https://techtek.github.io/Steemeum/jse.html
Or to make a donation with crypto the below module can be used.