This is a CoreXY 3D Printer and CNC. (Last updated - 22nd May 2019)
Upgrade your 3D Printer to this frame! Re-use your motors, electronics, hotend, heatbed, etc...
Watch how the HyperCube came to be:
I wanted to reduce the weight of the moving mass as much as possible. As the entire X-gantry is moving in the Y direction, the rails for the X axis should be light too. I chose to use 10mm anodised aluminium tubing, which is half the weight of 8mm steel rods.
And have since moved to Carbon Fibre tubes, which is one eighth the weight of 8mm steel rods.
Marlin 1.1.9 Configuration.h files attached.
T-Slot 2020 (Slot/Type 6) Aluminium Extrusion Profiles for X200 x Y200 x Z155 print bed area
(Note: If you intend to make a larger print area, then increase the length of the 2020 extrusions AND rods for each axis by the difference)
Buy from Banggood - Silver, Black or Buy from Amazon
- 4 x 340mm (X)
- 4 x 303mm (Y)
- 4 x 350mm (Z)
- 2 x 285mm (Bed)
- 1 x 135mm (Bed)
CoreXY + Z + Bowden:
Motors, Electronics and Accessories:
- 3 Perimeters
- 3 top/bottom layers
- 0.2mm layer height (or better)
- 50% infill
- No support required
Print 1 of everything except below:
- 2 x Z_Carriage_v1.1
- 4 x Z_Carriage_Clamp_v1.1
- 4 x Z_Shaft_Clamp_v1.2
- 2 x XY_Clamp_v1.1
- 2 x XY_Joiner_v1.1
- 2 x XY_Idler
- 3 x Y_Shaft_Clamp
- 4 x Bed_Support_v1.1
- 2 x Dual_Bushing_Holder
Some useful extras:
HyperCube 3D Printer Accessory Pack
HyperCube CNC Toolheads
Various Z nut mounts for Integrated Leadscrew Motors
X-Axis 10mm Anodised Aluminium alternatives
If you can't find 10mm x 360mm anodised aluminium tubes for X axis, and besides using Carbon Fibre tubes, there are 2 alternatives:
HyperCube XY_Joiner for 8mm rods on X-Gantry
X Carriage Mod for 3/8" Rod and Bearing for HyperCube 3D Printer
- Bed_Support_v1.1 for revised bed configuration (build log video #11)
- Z Endstop v1.1 for revised bed configuration.
- Z_Motor v1.1 and Z_Shaft_Clamp v1.1 for bottom mounted motor
- Fan_Duct v1.1 with extra clearance for E3D silicone socks
- Fan_Duct v1.2 for easier bridge printing
- X-Carriage v1.1 provides extra support to belt mount.
- XY Joiner/Clamp v1.1 supports longer bearing LM8LUU and dual LM8UU bearings.
- Configuration.h files updated to Marlin 1.1-RC8
- Removed old file versions. Can be found here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2013921
- E3D (Inductive) Sensor Mount v1.1 for improved sensor mount stability
- New X_Carriage & E3D_Mount & E3D_Sensor_Mount for removable tool heads!
- Z-axis rails increased to 12mm diameter, Z-axis parts updated.
- Marlin 1.1.9 Configuration.h files
- Added Bowden parts to this HyperCube kit
- Bowden_Motor_v1.1 easier to print (62deg overhang)
Enjoy this design? Consider supporting me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Tech2C