This is the first file publish of my robotic arm series. This component is the gripper of the robotic arm, it is based on the mantis gripper from 4ndreas (thing:1480408).
The following hardware will be needed to assemble the gripper:
- M3 x 25mm round head(2x)
- M3 x 10mm countersunk (1x)
- M3 x 10mm round head (2x)
- M3 x 8mm round head (4x)
- 8mm x 16mm x 5mm bearing, 688zz (3x)
The following electronic parts will be needed:
- Standard size servo (1x), e.g. TowerPro MG995
The assembly should be pretty straight forward, just follow the exploded view and this assembly tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMwvXdrM0xo. Questions?? Message me!
- Print the bearing top-bottom bushing twice!
- All critical holes are oversized by 0.25mm to guarantee an easy fit. For example, the bearing guide is 8mm, both the holes in the servo mount and cover plate are 8.25mm in diameter.
- All the M3 holes are sized 2.8mm in diameter. Apply some grease (not necessary, but it makes it easier) on a normal bolt and screw them in the parts with some proper tools. This should make some neat and tight threads in the plastic.
- While assembling, make sure your servo is aligned properly.
- The hole in the driving gear will be quite a bit smaller than the diameter of the servo gear, this can make it hard to get it to fit properly. I used a longer M3 bolt so that it is sticking out a millimeter or 3 beyond the bottom of the gear. This way you will be able to use the the bolt to get the gear into place, without having to hammer it on the servo. Once the gear sits reasonably well you could use a shorter screw so that you won't jam the servo.